If you wish to go on a pilgrimage or sightseeing trip to many destinations, Indian Railways provides the facility of booking Circular Journey Tickets. These tickets offer you unique travel flexibility, as they are issued for all journeys (other than regular routes), which begin and complete at the same station. Circular journey Tickets can be purchased for all classes of travel. A maximum of eight break journeys will be admissible on these tickets. Standard Circular Journey Tickets are also offered by Zonal Railways. These cover popular destinations for the Convenience of tourists. The details of route, fare etc., for these tickets can be obtained from nominated stations in each Zonal Railway. You can purchase these tickets if any one of the standard routes suits your convenience. Otherwise you can inform the Zonal Railways about your itinerary and Circular Journey Tickets can be drawn up to suit your requirements
Advantages of Booking a Circular Journey Ticket
Circular Journey Tickets give you the benefit of telescopic rates, which are considerably lower than regular point to point fare. With these tickets, you not only save time but also the inconvenience of booking ticket at each leg of the journey.
Booking Procedure of Circular Journey Ticket
1. Once your itinerary is finalized, you can approach the Divisional Commercial Manager of the Division of certain major stations to which the journey commencing station belongs. The Divisional Commercial Manager or the station authorities will then calculate the cost of the tickets based on your itinerary. He will also inform the Station Manager of the same in a prescribed format.
2. You can purchase Circular Journey Tickets by presenting this form at the Booking Office of the station where you propose to start your journey. After purchasing the Circular Journey Ticket, you must approach the Reservation Office to reserve your accommodation for various laps of your journey. You will then be issued reserved journey ticket for the journey.
3. No Standard Circular Journey Tickets are issued by Southern Railways, only non-standard Circular Journey Tickets as per the itenary given by the passengers are issued by the Southern Railways. A Circular Journey Ticket is charged for as two single journeys, the length of each single journey being taken as half of the total distance.
4. 30% concession is granted on the cost of the Circular Journey Tickets for Senior Citizens when travelling a minimum distance of 1000 kms.
1. Standard Circular Journey Tour Tickets over Northern Railway
2. Standard Circular Journey Tour Tickets over South Central Railway
3. Standard Circular Journey Tour Tickets over Central Railway
4. Fares of Standard Circular Tour Tickets