South Central Railway has initiated the following measures in all the Divisions of its jurisdiction to strictly implement them in order to prevent the misuse of Tatkal Scheme:-
- The provision of carrying one of the eightprescribed identity cards by any of the passenger booked on Tatkal Ticket, introduced from 11th February, 2011, to prevent transfer of Tatkal Tickets.
- Access to Tatkal booking to the Agents who are booking through Inter-net is denied during the opening hours of reservation, ie, between 08 00 am and 09 00 am.
- With a view to reduce the chance of misuse of e-ticketing facility byIRCTC Agents, quick book option and cash card booking have been stopped between 8 00 am to 9 00 am. Further, individual users are permitted to book only two tickets between 8 00 am to 9 00 am.
- Facility of change of name is not permissible under Tatkal Scheme to prevent transfer of Tatkal Tickets.
- Regular checks are conducted by senior officials reservation offices, particularly during opening hoursto check the activities of touts and other unscrupulous elements.
- The load of IRCTC server has been augmented to facilitate easy accessibility to Internet and booking by passengers.
- Stringent refund rules are adopted to discourage frivolous and proxy booking